We've been asked recently what features Merlin had that most other Deans don't.
Here is Greg's reply
- Top of the range Spectra watermaker. 60L per hour and the automatic version.
- 760w of solar panels 110v to a top quality solar regulator "Outback MX60" (this saves us hours of motor running charging time shown by the low engine hours of 960 each)
- plate drying racks above sink which makes washing at sea easier
- 11,5ft AB aluminum dinghy with a 18HP motor (light to lift yet large so you stay much dryer when going ashore)
- Boom extension to enable dinghy or 18HP motor lifted with main halyard using it's electric winch.
- RST water saving fittings on most taps and showers.
- hands free outside shower.
- screens for outside area to keep bugs out and better privacy when in a marina.
- Two "eye" zip openings in the main forward looking screen, making it easy to open to let the cooling breeze in and to close when it rains.